|Edward Laut has arranged and recorded the
following six pieces of various genres by
J. S. Bach to correspond in style to the six
movements of a Bach Suite for Violoncello Solo:
- as Prelude, choral piece, 'Jesu, Joy of
Man's Desiring' from Cantata 147. BWV 147
- as Allemande, the Allemande from English
Suite in A Major, BWV 806
- as Courante, the Courante from Orchestral
Suite in F Major, BWV 1066
- as Sarabande, the Sarabande from 'Aria' of
the Goldberg Variations, BWV 988
- as Gavotte I & II, the bass aria, 'Quia
fecit' from Magnificat in D, BWV 245
- as Gigue, the Gigue from Orchestral Suite
in D Major, BWV 1068
Laut has transposed all pieces into the key of
G Major and added bass and harmonic
implications in the manner of Bach in the
original Six Suites.
PLEASE NOTE: There is also the option of
buying downloads of the individual pieces.
Please CLICK HERE to buy these
from the CDBaby web site.